So Carrie passed along the Douglasville Happenings newsletter today as requested of her by the authors. I imagine it's a committee of folks sitting around a very long and very ornate table, bespectacled, wearing robes and floppy hats and sifting through thousands of submissions, dutifully narrowing them down to a handful of announcements that would best serve to bring Douglasville together as a community, end the rash of gang violence at the mall, and increase the overall quality of life in our humble hamlet.
I believe their system broke down when they decided to include:
Friday - Sunday, March 28th - 30th: "CATS" presented by the Chapel Hill High School Music Department
7:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday nights, 3:00 p.m., Sundays, Chapel Hill High School Theatre ~ $10 adults, $6 students ~ one of the longest-running musicals in Broadway history!
Sandra Chandler, Chapel Hill High School, 770.651.6275
As a rule, I think that local theater is a great thing but, having seen CATS while I was visiting my aunt in New York one summer, I feel that it is more likely to tear The New Hamptons apart rather than to bring it together.
God bless that committee of dedicated and civic minded men and women for holding onto a sense of community. And God bless Carrie Myers for passing those messages along.
1 comment:
I too fear the potential CATS-scratch fever that may overtake The New Hamptons, but I admit I almost want to go see this, though inevitably I'd be sitting behind the parent of some key feline that I would have to make fun of and a fight would ensue (or is it insue?) so I will avoid the performance. I do look forward to reading the reviews in the Chapel Hill News and Views.
Post a Comment