The day began gloriously! I drove a little farther north up the Maine coast to Cape Elizabeth (1398.2) at Two Lights State Park where the fee is $1.50 to get in but they don’t even have a person at the booth, its just a metal “on your honor” drop box. I happily paid. Cape Elizabeth, especially in the rain, was perfect. Its all about the rocky coast which I did a little walking on – though I had to be careful considering my trouble with gravity. That said, I am now a Maine-iac, though I was repeatedly confused by these green signs with a bicycle and “ET” on them (I was thinking “the extra-terrestrial”); I still don’t like lobster; and at mile 1432 I spotted a confederate flag.
Then, west through Maine, into NH (1463.8 m), specifically through White Mountains National Forest where there were beautiful rivers, colorful foliage, foggy cliffs and mountains, and signs warning about moose crossing (which I sadly did not witness, though I may have seen a fox). What I did see in NH was a hand painted sign in front of a house reading “hoe for hire” (1544.9 m). The only spot of trouble I had was that the battery in my camera died, but that’s no big deal.
P.S. NH and some ME rest areas have free wifi!

No comments:
Post a Comment