5.24.2009

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.

Day 9 – I woke up in the Hudson River Valley and what I saw of it was unremarkable, though admittedly limited.  I did cross the Hudson, I think, but there was no sign (2387.9).

I got to Connecticut and had lunch at the idyllic Mayflower Inn (2448.5 ) which was perfect all around.  And for the first time when I saw that I had no cell service I was happy with that, and considered the lack of service as a nice perk of the beautiful country inn and as I was leaving two guests were discussing the very same thing with the manager.  I also went through a couple of little towns, all of which the Gilmore Girls world is supposedly based on.  I tried to visit Lover’s Leap State Park (2461.7) but there were all sorts of people doing volunteer work and no parking so I moved on.

 










Next came much driving, including a trip through the Delaware National Forest (2586.4), which is actually in Pennsylvania I don’t know why.  I made it through Pennsylvania to Dillsburg (right next to Beavertown) and another lovely Rodeway Inn.  Before I got there though I spotted a billboard that read “General Lee didn’t make it to Harrisburg, but you can” which I found funny and maybe a bit inappropriate (2779.9).

No comments: