This is from the transcript for Anderson Cooper 360 last night. KATHLEEN is one of the polygamist mothers whose children were taken from her by the state of Texas. She lives on the XYZ compound.
---
KATHLEEN: Not for several hours, since we've been taken from them. I want you to understand that we have been put in a compound, that fort over there, brick walls, 170 women and children in a building that was 100 feet by 40 feet with two bathrooms, okay? Do you understand that? So we need the public to know that an injustice has been done against us.
In the land of the free and the home of the brave, we are being treated like the Jews were when they were escorted to the German Nazi camps.
COOPER: You're saying you were being treated like people sent to concentration camps?
KATHLEEN: Yes, we have been treated that way. In a country that professes to be free, the land of the free and the home of the brave. And we have been persecuted for our religion.
COOPER: Just for accuracy, do you actually know what happened to the Jews during World War II? Because it does not seem to be the same, just factually speaking.
KATHLEEN: I do. I am 42 years old. I'm very studied in history. I have a college degree.
---
Now I'm all for comparing people to Hitler in a very ironic and private way, but not for true and on TV. Also she said that, "...the state of Texas has confiscated our children on an alleged allegation that has no facts." I don't know about you, but when I allege an allegation, I have facts to back the alleged allegation up with.
2 comments:
Hitler, Shmitler
You're a polygamist racist.
Post a Comment