4.10.2008

Wikipedia of Douglasville, GA!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglasville%2C_Georgia

So the Wikipedia page of our fair town mentions both Arbor Place (the 4th largest in Georgia!) Mall and the Christian rock venue "7 Venue". But even better it has a "Notable People From Douglasville" section that mentions -- Alexander's own Matt Capps, Douglas County High's Mario (Final Four) West, 1st kicked off American Idol 2008 Alexandrea Lushington, and that guy that is on The Shield - Walton Goggins (who makes Peach Buzz and the Sentinel all the time, even though I still have no idea who he is). I guess we didn't have any notable people two years ago, though. It looks like Douglasville really just got on the map. Oh, and it looks like someone added to this yesterday-- but I don't know who the hell Chad Woods is.

Oh, and Douglasville was originally known as Skint Chestnut. So there.

3 comments:

Marriecyers said...

Ok the Goggins guy doesn't even get a mention for having an Oscar?! And as for the rest of the page I am sorely disappointed. We have ooddles of history, and very little of it on display. My Grandmother could make a better page, even if she had to learn how build the page from the ground up. I am also disappointed greatly in the Douglas County and Lithia Springs pages. There is no mention of the ghosts of Gray Road, the Lithia Springs Resort Hotel that played host to three presidents before burning down, or Frog Rock. In fact I may have to consult with my Grandmother and Jason and develop a tour around the haunts and histories of Douglas County just for us to go on.

And btw, my family mountain is not among the ones listed on the DC page.

S said...

And the Pig-Man.

Oh, and don't forget the talk show celebrities -- Anthony, Steve (the guy wearing the one strap overalls with no shirt), their recently paralyzed friend, et al on Rolanda and Ashley Hunter and her stripper loving boyfriend on Springer.

Jason said...

I happen to know the designer of the tour of downtown Douglasville. Very nice but elusive guy.