11.16.2005

Thanksgiving

As the day of the turkey approaches and we gather with our families for the ritual sacrifice to commemorate the beginnings of the European theft and devastation of a continent and its people I would like to extend to you, my urban family, an invitation to join me on Thanksgiving evening for drinks, holiday fare (including my second attempt at a trifle), and Christmas movies. I'll cook some stuff but also feel free to bring leftovers and if you feel the need to buy me a present do not feel obligated to resist that impulse (see earlier wishlist posting). I'll be home around five so come on over, though if you could let me know if you will be in attendance that would be appreciated so I know how much trifle to whip up. Also, extend this invite to others, as long as you know that I like them. That is all.

No comments: